RM OF WEST ST. PAUL
Job Type: Permanent Full Time (40 hours per week)
Salary: Dependent on Qualifications or $39,441 to $48,909
Closing Date: May 21, 2019
The RM of West St. Paul is a fast growing municipality in the capital region of Winnipeg with a population of over 5,000 people and expected to double over the next decade. The RM of West St. Paul welcomes creative and skilled individuals to join our team. We uphold values of financial, social, environmental sustainability and are committed to serving the community. If you are looking for interesting and challenging work, this is a great opportunity for you to join the West St. Paul team.
Under the general direction of the Municipal Legislative Officer, the Municipal Clerk functions as the main receptionist for the Municipal Office. The incumbent is the first point of contact for visitors having business or requiring municipal services, and is responsible for providing a professional level of service by responding to general inquiries in person or on the telephone. In addition, the incumbent provides administrative support by assisting with Planning related items such as completing applications for building related matters, accepting lot grade requests and scheduling inspections.
- Administrative, clerical or secretarial training certificate/diploma OR an equivalent combination of education, training and related experience.
- Experience performing various administrative support duties (including word processing, filing, receiving and distributing information, data entry).
- Experience performing full range of reception duties (including answering phones, conveying messages, greeting the public in person and responding to inquiries).
- Strong customer service skills, with the ability to effectively manage demands from a variety of clients.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to express ideas effectively, both orally and in writing letters and reports.
- Experience dealing with confidential and time sensitive documents.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word Applications (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage priorities and meet competing deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment and maintain excellent working relationships.
- Ability to work independently while demonstrating initiative and sound judgment.
- Completion of, or enrollment in, the Manitoba Municipal Administrator’s Association Certificate Program would be an asset.
Applications should be marked “Application for Municipal Clerk”. References shall be required upon request. If you have any questions regarding the posting please contact Lainie Shaw, Municipal Legislative Officer at 204-338-0306.
Lainie Shaw, CMMA
Municipal Legislative Officer
RM of West St. Paul
3550 Main Street
West St. Paul, MB R4A 5A3
The RM of West St. Paul wishes to thank all candidates for their interest in this position, however, only those individuals considered for an interview will be contacted.