Job Type: Permanent Full Time (40 hours per week)
Salary: Dependent on Qualifications or $42,971 to $53,251
Closing Date: May 21, 2019
The RM of West St. Paul is a fast growing municipality in the capital region of Winnipeg with a population of over 5,000 people and expected to double over the next decade. The RM of West St. Paul welcomes creative and skilled individuals to join our team. We uphold values of financial, social, environmental sustainability and are committed to serving the community. If you are looking for interesting and challenging work, this is a great opportunity for you to join the West St. Paul team.
Under the general direction of the Director of Finance, the incumbent is responsible for performing a variety of accounting and customer service functions, in compliance with prescribed policies, procedures and standard accounting practices, related to the operation of the property tax system, utility system, accounts payable and receivable system.
- Completed or enrolled in a Business Administration/Accounting Program OR an equivalent combination of accounting/financial experience and training preferably in a municipal office.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting and bookkeeping principles and procedures.
- Strong customer service skills, with the ability to effectively manage demands.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to express ideas effectively.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office applications including a strong proficiency with Excel spreadsheets.
- Experience dealing with confidential and time sensitive documents.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word Applications (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage priorities and meet competing deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment and maintain excellent working relationships.
- Ability to work independently while demonstrating initiative and sound judgment.
- Completion of, or enrollment in, the Manitoba Municipal Administrator’s Association Certificate Program would be an asset.
Applications should be marked “Application for Accounts Clerk”. References shall be required upon request. If you have any questions regarding the posting please contact Crystal Shuhyta, Director of Finance at 204-338-0306.
Lainie Shaw, CMMA
Municipal Legislative Officer
RM of West St. Paul
3550 Main Street
West St. Paul, MB R4A 5A3
The RM of West St. Paul wishes to thank all candidates for their interest in this position, however, only those individuals considered for an interview will be contacted.