The Whitemouth River Recreation Commission Inc.
Invites Applications for the Position of Recreation Director
“W.R.R.C. serves the R.M. of Whitemouth,
promoting positive and healthy recreation within our community.
The WRRC Inc. accepts applications for a .5 Recreation Director position.
The Recreation Director is responsible to facilitate the delivery of public recreation services to further the growth and development of the communities and individuals within the Rural Municipality of Whitemouth.
The Recreation Director will be responsible for recreation programming, promote leadership and volunteer development, facilitate resource sharing, promote public education and awareness & enhance existing facility use.
Preferred Qualifications & Training
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently;
- 2 years or more experience in a community setting as a Recreation Director;
- Educational experience in Recreation, Kinesiology and/or Education backgrounds;
- Ability & experience working with the public;
- Ability to work effectively with multiple committees, various duties and deadlines, alone and/or as part of a team;
- Possess excellent written and oral skills;
- Good working knowledge of Office programs, ie. Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Fiscal control of budgetary requirements;
- Basic website administration would be an asset;
- Ability to manage employees and volunteers;
- Possess a valid class 5 drivers license;
- Must be willing to travel and have access to a vehicle;
Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check are required as well as some evening and weekend work.
A detailed list of duties may be obtained from the RM office, upon request. Call 204-348-2221 and can be found on www.rmwhitemouth.com and on www.whitemouthriverrec.com
Qualified candidates are invited to submit resumes by 12:00 noon on Friday, August 30th, 2019 stating experience, education, references, and all other pertinent data to:
Whitemouth River Recreation Commission Inc.
RM of Whitemouth, Box 248, Whitemouth, MB R0E 2G0
or by Fax 204-348-2576 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.