Are you ready to build a career with one of Canada’s fastest growing Towns? The Town of Niverville has an exciting new opportunity for a highly motivated Engineering Supervisor who will be responsible for the overall design, tendering, construction administration and record drawings for most capital infrastructure within the Town of Niverville.
The Engineering Supervisor role involves coordinating resources (personnel and equipment) with the Town’s Senior Management Team in a way to provide the highest-level of service to all departments within the Town’s structure. The Supervisor will be responsible for managing capital projects in an economical and efficient manner while maintaining a high-level of customer service focus for all taxpayer enquiries of on-going or planned projects.
We define success in this role as your ability to meet the following ideals:
- customer service leader
- coordinate personnel, equipment and other resources between the Town’s departments;
- oversee projects from initial design through to warranty periods;
- hands-on experience in GIS surveying, design, preparation of proposals & specifications, tendering, contract administration and progress payments/warranty claims;
- update and maintain the Town’s Construction Standards;
- work with the Management Team to help plan for long term infrastructure needs and budget;
- resolve conflicts and disagreements;
- works well within a strong team atmosphere;
- effective communicator;
- proactive approach to work, taking ownership of the business;
- organized and able to manage multiple projects to completion;
- experienced in reading, understanding and evaluating financial reports;
- flexibility on hours of work to be able to meet demand;
- work in a fast-paced evolving atmosphere;
- direct and truthful individual; and
- accountable for personal performance.
Responsibilities for this position include the following:
- designs, surveys, procures, administers capital projects from design through to completion;
- develops and implements a program for maintenance, upgrade or replacement of facilities, infrastructure and equipment;
- recommends tendering of contracts and evaluates bids;
- mobilizes and directs resources to resolve critical incidents;
- meets regularly with staff members to review project status;
- approves purchases of supplies and equipment;
- prepares reports as requested;
- attends meetings with Council as required;
- establishes and maintains positive relationships with government departments and neighbouring municipalities; and
- respond to public enquires as delegated by the Chief Administrative Officer.
For a complete job description visit https://www.whereyoubelong.ca/town-council/employment-opportunities.
If you believe that this is the position for you, please submit your resume along with a cover letter, references and salary expectations to the following:
Town of Niverville
329 Bronstone Drive
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration for the position will be contacted.