Public Works Operator 1 - Town of Beausejour
Full-Time Permanent (40 hrs. per week). As per Collective Agreement between the Town of Beausejour and IUOE Local 987.
This position falls within the Collective Bargaining Unit of Local 987 and is subject to all terms and conditions of the collective agreement or subsequent amending Agreements.
Closing Date: Until a suitable candidate is found.
Under the direction of the Public Works Manager and the Lead Hand, the Operator will be responsible for repair, installation and maintenance activities in support of water and wastewater systems, utilizing a variety of equipment and tools, and performing related duties as appropriate. Additional responsibilities will include assisting with the maintenance and repair of pumps, motors, clarifiers and other related equipment used within the water treatment plant, lift stations and alum treatment plant. Applicants that possess the appropriate classifications in water and wastewater treatment such as Level 1 WWT & Level 2 WWC & WT1 & WD1 Certification would have an advantage. The successful applicant is required to obtain the above-mentioned certifications, respond to emergency call outs, provide holiday and sick leave back up as required. Applicants will also be required to operate equipment used in the maintenance of the municipal infrastructure, seasonal and snow clearing equipment.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Minimum Grade 12 Education.
• Valid Province of Manitoba Driver’s License – Minimum of Class (5) License.
• Valid Province of Manitoba Class (3) License with air endorsement would be considered an asset or be willing to obtain.
• Have four (4) years of related experience in Waterworks and/or Public Works Department.
• Proficient in the operation/maintenance of road maintenance equipment.
• Knowledge in computers (Excel, Outlook, Word).
• Knowledge of asset management.
• Good interpersonal skills to deal with the public.
• Ability to be on a rotational call.
• Follow preventative maintenance schedules.
• Provide reports as required.
• Must be willing to obtain the required Water and Wastewater Operators Certificates.
• Ability to communicate effectively to establish and maintain an all-encompassing working relationship with the staff, public and contractors in a courteous manner.
Working Condition and Physical Demands:
• Must be physically fit to complete ongoing manual labour duties.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision.
• Ability to work in a confined space environment.
The description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. The incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
Applications should be marked “Operator 1 – Public Works Department” and should be accompanied by a full resume. References shall be required upon request. If you have any questions regarding the posting or would like a copy of the full job description, please contact:
Katie Sanders, Public Works Manager
Town of Beausejour
639 Park Avenue, P.O. Box 1028
Beausejour, MB R0E 0C0